27 October 2006

Some people

I drive a lot. I see all kinds of things while I'm driving, I felt the need to write letters about some notable nuisances.

Dear People of Minnesota,
What is different in the way you learn how to drive versus the rest of the country. Why is it that during a drive through Iowa I often come upon people with license plates from the land of the lakes that just don't seem to be able to drive with um consideration for the rest of the people on the road. On my most recent trip through Iowa I came upon two separate cars from your state that clearly have no idea what cruise control is. Both cars were newer and I assume they both have cruise control, yet both failed to maintain a consistent speed for 5 minutes at a time. One felt the need to remain in the left lane, without any cars in front or next to them, and never going an exceedingly fast speed. Personally I try to avoid passing on the right as I feel it is rude. Well have several miles not at a consistent speed and slower than I wanted to go I was forced to go to the right lane, for my sanity. People of Minnesota, I have friends from your state, I even spent a summer living on one of the 10,000 lakes, but when I see I car with plates that say Minnesota...I become quite sad. Please learn some consideration and everyone take lessons on cruise control.

Signed,
The very frustrated Elantra driver.

Dear Creepy Suzuki driver,
I do not appreciate when large, hairy, creepy looking men blow kisses at me and make gestures through their cars. What possessed you to do such a thing? Were you trying to flirt? Really, it is not going to get girls if you act in such ways. In fact, girls will try to stay away from you. No, I did not feel at all flattered, I was disgusted. I felt trapped and tried my best to fall way behind you. I was beyond relieved when I finally saw you take the exit off the interstate.

Signed
Disgusted in Omaha

3 comments:

Ben said...

Good thing I'm not creepy-looking!

The silly girl said...

You aren't creepy looking, acting, hairy faced, or faaaaat. Don't worry about that, this guy was in his very own league of disgusting.

Anonymous said...

ahem, you should update.