14 November 2006

ATM

When I need cash I run to the ATM...literally. I don't think it's weird. I live less than a mile from my bank and my bank happens to be on a course I commonly run when I don't want to go far, so why not? Very convenient and I hate driving so yep running makes perfect sense. Anyway tonight I needed cash so I went for a run. When I ended up at the bank someone was at the ATM (they drove, weird) so I jogged around the parking lot for a minute but they were taking forever so I ran around the block. When I got to where I could see the ATM he was gone so I was happy, until I saw another car pull up. Grr... I this time walked to the end of the parking lot to stretch, then /another/ car came. No No you are not going to take my place. So even though I feel very strange and rude standing right by the ATM while someone else is there(I'm shy, timid little ol me after all). Finally the man left and it was my turn, I left and someone else drove up. Seriously. I don't understand why this ATM was so busy. Did I mention this was at a branch of the bank and there was also a drive up ATM (which I have ran up to before and used but feel a little silly doing, especially when on the other side of the bank there's an ATM designed just for people like me, a "run up" ATM if you will) and there was not a line at that ATM? I understand not wanting to waste gas having the car idle but um starting the car again, that wastes gas as well doesn't it?

So today I decided if there's no line in the drive up ATM and you drove to the bank, that is the one you have to use. Let us runners use the ATM and get home. It is winter, it's dark, no one wants me running in the dark. We all know how coordinated I am running in the light, just imagine the dark. Next time you have your choice please think of the clumsy runners.

No comments: