01 July 2007

Peoria

I'm still alive, I moved, life is fun. For anyone wondering, the linear kitchen is mine. It is 1 mile from Ben, which is great his place is right off a loop I run quite often so I can run, pick him up and we can go to my place. No driving required. Oh the no driving thing is fabulous. It's a pretty well known fact I don't like to drive, and I have only driven on weekends since moving here. It does mean I don't get to see much more than my neighborhood during the week, which does get slightly boring, I can deal with boring as a minor downside to not driving. My crazy old landlords make fun of me for how little my car moves.

My landlords are a hoot. They live in my building and are also here all the time (seriously their car does not move too much more often than mine and oftentimes it only moves to take the lawnmower out of the garage) The husband brings in the mail and puts it by everyone's door...everyone except me. He doesn't understand that "running thing" I do and feels I should have a destination and a reason for my run so I need to get my own mail from the mailbox across the street. I have so many great stories about my landlords. I pretty much never want to live in an apartment community again for the sure entertainment value I have gained from the crazies.

Work is work, sometimes it's a bit quiet working from home, but for the most part I'm enjoying the commute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, where have you been? It's 2009 now! -Michelle