29 April 2007

Changes

I have lived in my little apartment for over 2 and a half years. My first apartment post college. It's little but all I really need. In a few short weeks I'll be leaving this place to live over 400 miles away in a yet to be determined location.
My new kitchen could look like this spacious model.
I could have the world's most linear kitchen. Seriously this is the entire kitchen, one neat line.
My third option is this little, dated kitchen.
Anyone that feels the need to give me advice on where to live should really be able to decide just on kitchen alone. You can also know each has a garage, the first and third choices are attached. Number two I'd have to walk in the elements a couple feet. Two of the places have washer and dryers. The third has a "laundry room" with hook ups but I would rather turn that into an office because I am me and weird.

Also, I am concerned with office space because I will be working from home. I am keeping my current job and telecommuting from 400+ miles away. This is, in the words of my manager, "to be closer to 'friends' and family." It's all very exciting and scary at the same time. It's giving that "friend" and I a chance to finally see each other without planning ahead at least 6 hours. We get to be more like normal couples (if you didn't already know are you surprised that the "friend" is my boyfriend of nearly two years) I am still in shock and incredibly ecstatic that this is actually happening.

I am going to miss my little apartment, this city, and my friends. I will be back to visit regularly all except the little apartment. In four weeks when I pull out of the parking lot it will probably be the final time I see my first little apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first kitchen. It looks very nice. That island is nice too.

Anonymous said...

The first kitchen looks really nice. if the prices are anywhere near the same option #1 is the easy choice.