05 November 2005

Daylight Savings

I'm not a fan of daylight savings time. It already gets dark pretty early in the winter and the last Sunday in October you have to put your clock back an hour to make it get dark an hour earlier! It means I get very little daylight time after work. The added darkness makes me want to sleep, not run so much. But when I run with others...it can be entertaining.

Wednesday I was running with my friends, me met at 6 just like we have been since last October..so clearly it had to have been dark for a few months while we were running last year but we didn't remember it being quite so dark. One of the girls is apparently very afraid of the dark, dogs, and fish. Running by water or the woods is a frightening experience for her. Apparently once she was chased by a see through fish.... Wednesday we added another animal for her to be afraid of. We ran by a skunk that had its tail up. Luckily it didn't spray us. Could you imagine me explaining that stench the next morning? "Um I was running by a skunk..." I'm told it takes a lot to get skunkd but really I don't want to find out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It means I get very little daylight time after work." Ahem, for some of us it means being at work for over two hours while it's dark outside. Let me tell you how motivated I am to do work when it's dark out. It was weird yesterday when I was cleaning because it was light out when I started washing dishes and seemed early, but in the half hour it got very dark and seemed late.

Anonymous said...

hon, I don't like this new look as much.