10 January 2006

Piano

I need some advice. When I was 10 I was given a piano. The deal was I would get it when I grew up and had a house of my own. My parents graciously moved it around with us tuning it a couple times even though I only played it for a couple years, but I loved that piano, it was mine, the biggest bestest, most unexpected present ever. An older lady was moving into a nursing home and had no family of her own so she gave it to me because she wanted it to go to someone that would appreciate it. Well now some people think I'm an adult and my parents are once again moving, this time to their retirement house. They apparently don't think it will fit in their house or something silly like that. My brother sister-in-law told me I can keep it at their house, "for a little while." But I think with that plan I would need to pay to move it over there. Pianos are expensive things. Well I have no clue when I'll have a house of my own, so I can't promise that I'll only need it at my brother's house for a short time. Should I just get rid of my piano? And if so should I be a nice kid and give it away because it was given to me by a kind lady or should I sell my piano?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep it. You've had it this long that it would be such a shame to get rid of it now. But if you decide you can't keep it, then I think you should sell it unless you know of someone in particular and want to give it that person.

This is going to sound really weird, but you might be able to keep it at my mom's. Seriously, she was thinking about buying a piano, so she'd probably be willing to house yours for a while instead. I wuold visit it for you. Show it pictures of you. :p But yeah, you'd have to get it moved there.

Anonymous said...

This may be too late to give advice, but I just discovered your blog. I would keep it. Maybe you'll take up lessons or find it is something you do really use when it's around.