22 February 2006

Bananas!

When we went to help my parents move into their retirement house. A certain someone remarked that if he didn't know better he'd think we were moving a family of 12. Either my dad thinks my mom and him are a family of 12, there are 10 people I don't know about living in their new house, or my dad has no concept of portion control.

In a recent conversation with my mom she told me about a trip my dad made to a grocery store (my dad is the buyer of the groceries after all because that makes sense since he never cooks) My mom said my ever bargain hunting dad came back very proud because he got a good deal on bananas. 12 pounds of bananas to be exact. My mom was taken aback by the purchase. Her response to my dad was, "you know we are going to be gone all next week?" didn't seem to faze the proud owner of 12 pounds of bananas. As I was talking to my mom she was making banana cake. Hopefully that put a small dent in their supply.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's...a lot of bananas.

Anonymous said...

Does your dad know the Bananas dance?
http://www.boyscouttrail.com/content/song/song-614.asp

Bananas unite! (place hands together straight up over head)
Bananas split! (open arms and place at sides)
Pick bananas, pick, pick bananas (reach up and pick bananas from a tree)
Peel bananas, peel, peel bananas (peel a banana in your hand)
Smash bananas, smash, smash bananas (clap hands)
Eat bananas, eat, eat bananas (stuff banana in mouth and sing with mouth full)
Go bananas, go, go bananas! (do a crazy dance)

The silly girl said...

Ha! That was my song when I worked at camp. Oh the memories